Communique issued at the end of Edo Central PDP Senatorial Executive Committee and Leaders meeting held at the party’s Senatorial Secretariat, Uromi, on Friday 22nd September, 2023.
The Edo Central PDP Senatorial Executive Committee and Leaders met today, being the 22nd day of September , 2023 . The meeting was at the instance of the State Chairman, Rt. Hon. Dr. Tony Aziegbemi and under the chairmanship of Archbishop Dr Anthony Okosun, the Senatorial chairman.
Issues affecting the party at the state and Senatorial levels were deliberated upon and far reaching decisions/resolutions were taken by the Senatorial Executive Committee and Leaders as follows:-
1. The Senatorial Executive Committee and Leaders in Edo Central Senatorial district expressed appreciation to His Excellency, Governor Godwin Obaseki, for his exemplary leadership anchored on equity, fairness and justice in the scheme of services and appointments in the State.
2. The PDP in Edo Central Senatorial district stands firmly with The Edo Agenda for a Governor of Esan extraction in 2024 and appealed to other Senatorial districts, ( Edo South and Edo North) in the Spirit of Fairness and Equity to allow Edo Central Senatorial district to Produce the next Governor in 2024.
3. The Senatorial Executive Committee appealed to all members, especially the Leaders and Elders of our great party to support the agenda without any reservation.
4. The Executive Committee noted the apology tendered by the Deputy Governor, His Excellency, Comrade Philip Shaibu to his boss and joined in appealing to the Governor to accept the apology in the interest of the party and the State in general.
5. The Executive Committee commended the party faithful for their support in ensuring the landslide victories recorded by The PDP in the last Council polls such that for the first time in the history of PDP in Edo State, we won ALL 18 chairmanship seats and the 192 councillorship seats.
The meeting was attended by:-
1.The State Chairman,
Dr. Tony Aziegbemi
2. The Deputy Speaker,
Mrs Maria Edeko
3. The State Vice Chairman,
Archbishop Anthony Okosun
4. The State Legal Adviser, Barr. Arthur Esene
5. The State Financial Secretary,
ESV Fidel Igenegbele.
6. The State Youth leader, Mr. Destiny Oreye
7. Barr. Tony Ikuenobe,
Zonal financial Secretary.
8. The State Assistant Secretary/ Senatorial Secretary,
Barr. L. Ogedegbe Ksm.
9. The State Assistant Legal Adviser,
Chief Barr. Paul Itua.
10. State Ex-Officio
ESV Tony Okonigene
11. State Ex-Officio
Madam Josephine Esabo
12. Former National women Leader.
Madam Herbeta Ayu
13. Former National Assembly Member,
Hon. Sergius Ogun
14. Mrs Philomina Ihenyen
15. Members of the
Edo State House of Assembly from Edo Central Senatorial district.
16. Hon. Austine Giwa Agbomorele
17.Chief Francis Ulifun
18. Hon. John Yakubu
19. Civil Commissioners from Edo Central Senatorial district.
20. The 5 LG Council Chairmen
21. The 5 LGA Party Chairmen, their Vice Chairmen, Secretaries, women leaders and Youths leaders.
22. Hon. D. S. Inegbebo
23. Sir Hillary Ekhoiye
24. Hon. Dr. Andrew Ojiemhenkele.
25. Barr. Anslem Ojiezua
26. Barr. Clifford Ener
27. Prince M. Arebun
28. Barr. Osehime Osemede
29. Mr. Felix Obhikhian
30. Mrs. Omonigho,
the Senatorial women leader.
31. Hon. Monday Abulu
32. The LGAs Coordinators
Barr. L. Ogedegbe Ksm
State Asst.Sec/ Secretary, Edo Central Senatorial district.