EDO 2024 GOVERNORSHIP: EDO CENTRAL PDP SETS UP SPECIAL COMMITTEE
…Aziegbemi, Ikimi, Ugbesia, Herbeta make list
…. puts Amb. Tony Okonigene in charge of publicity
The leadership of The PDP in Edo Central Senatorial District , has inaugurated a Special Committee to help realize the Edo Agenda for a Governor of Esan extraction come 2024.There has been a popular clamour amongst the people of Edo State for the next Governor to come from Edo Central Senatorial District. The clamour has spread round the major political parties like a wildfire.
There have however, been serious concerns expressed by most political watchers regarding the number of aspirants from Edo Central Senatorial District who have indicated their interests to contest the position of Governor. Most people see the development as a clear sign of lack of unity and strong leadership in the Senatorial District. They fear that this could lead to serious discord during and after the primary that could cost the Esan people the governorship.
To arrest the foreseen danger, the leaders of The PDP in Edo Central Senatorial District, met on Saturday in the residence of former Board of Trustees member, Sir, Chief Tom Ikimi. The leaders inaugurated a Special Committee and charged them with the task of drawing the road map towards achieving the desired Edo Agenda. Members of the Committee who were drawn from the 5 local governments that make up the Senatorial District are;
1. Hon Dr Tony Aziegbemi. State Chairman ( Esan South East )
2. High Chief Tom Ikimi former BOT member ( Igueben)
3. Archbishop Dr Anthony Okosun. Senatorial Chairman ( Esan North East)
4. Barr. Luckson Ogedegbe Senatorial Secretary ( Esan South East)
5. Hon Chief Sir Joe Edionwele Former member, House of Reps ( Esan West)
6. Barr Mrs. Maria Edekor. Dep. Speaker EDHA ( Esan North East)
7. Hon. Joe Okojie Former Special Adviser to the Governor ( Esan North East)
8. Mrs. Philo Ihenyen Former Special Adviser to the Governor ( Esan West)
9. Chief Sir Hillary Ekhoiye (Igueben)
10. Chief Barr. Felix Omi Former State Secretary (Igueben)
11. Adekunle Oboh Former State Fin. Sec ( Esan Central)
11. All the five LGAs Party Chairmen.
. Sen. Odion Ugbesia , former Senator ( Esan South East), Hon. Mrs. Herberta Okonofua, former National Woman Leader ( Esan Central) and Chief Francis Ulifun. ( Esan West) were absent with apologies
The Special Committee will embark on a tour of the 5 local governments starting with Esan South East, Esan North East and Esan Central on Tuesday 14th November, 2023 . The leaders will use the opportunity to preach unity in the party.
The Special Committee is expected to meet with the aspirants who have been directed to submit their letters of intent to the Senatorial Chairman, Archbishop Anthony Okosun with a view to pruning down the number. The cooperation and support of Edo North and Edo South Senatorial Districts leaders will also be solicited by the Special Committee.
To ensure transparency and public awareness of the activities of the Special Committee, Amb. Tony Okonigene was put in charge of publicity.