RESOLUTIONS PASSED AT THE 10th MEETING OF THE EDO STATE PDP STATE WORKING COMMITTEE (SWC) HELD ON WEDNESDAY 11th OCTOBER, 2023 AT THE PDP SECRETARIAT, BENIN
The meeting was convened at the instance of the State chairman of the party, Dr, Tony Aziegbemi in accordance with section 21(3) of the constitution of PDP 2017 ( as amended)
In attendance were
1. Dr Tony Aziegbemi. State chairman
2. Archbishop Anthony Okosun. State Vice Chairman, Central
3. Barr. Arthur Esene. State Legal Adviser
4. ESV Fidel Igenegbale. State Financial Secretary
5. Samuel Saiki State Vice Chairman, North
6. Anthony Anenih Jnr. State Organizing Secretary
After confirming that a quorum had been formed in line with section 21(5) of the constitution of the PDP 2017 ( as amended), the chairman called the meeting to order.
The SWC deliberated on a number of issues affecting the party in the state and came out with the following resolutions:
1. The SWC resolved that the petition of assault sent to it by Osahon Ahunwa agaisnt Eghe Ogbemudia, be referred to an adhoc committee headed by the State Legal Adviser, Barr. Arthur Esene. Other members of the committee are, the State Financial Secretary, ESV Fidel Igenegbale and the State Vice Chairman, North, Hon. Samuel Saiki.
The Committee has two weeks to report back to the SWC
2. The SWC noted with sadness the unfortunate unconstitutional acts of suspension and counter suspension of prominent members of the party in Uhunwode Local Government Area. It directed all parties to maintain status quo ante. It mandated the State Chairman, Dr Tony Aziegbemi to lead a strong delegation of party officers and leaders to Uhunwode Local Government within the shortest possible time, with a view to resolving all issues involved amicably.
3. The SWC also expressed concern that the 7 absentee members of the SWC did not come to the meeting. It advised the State Chairman to still continue to engage them in order for them to see the need for peace and unity within the party.
4. The meeting was adjourned to Friday October 13, 2023 at the PDP Secretariat, 59 Airport Road, Benin
EDO STATE PDP STATE WORKING COMMITTEE
October 11, 2023