RESOLUTIONS PASSED AT THE 11th MEETING OF THE EDO STATE PDP STATE WORKING COMMITTEE (SWC) HELD ON FRIDAY 13th OCTOBER, 2023 AT THE PDP SECRETARIAT, BENIN
The meeting was convened at the instance of the State chairman of the party, Dr, Tony Aziegbemi in accordance with section 21(3) of the constitution of PDP 2017 ( as amended)
In attendance were
1. Dr Tony Aziegbemi-State chairman
2. Archbishop Anthony Okosun-State Vice Chairman, Central
3. Barr. Arthur Esene-State Legal Adviser
4. ESV Fidel Igenegbale-State Financial Secretary
5. Samuel Saiki-State Vice Chairman, North
6. Anthony Anenih Jnr.-State Organizing Secretary
After confirming that a quorum had been formed in line with section 21(5) of the constitution of the PDP 2017 ( as amended), the chairman called the meeting to order.
The SWC deliberated on a number of issues affecting the party in the state and came out with the following resolutions:
1. The SWC rejected the purported swearing -in of one Idehen Ebonwonyi by the PDP South-South Zonal Chairman, Chief Dan Orbih as a replacement of the late Samson Abu without any recourse to the State Working Committee. This it noted is contrary to the provisions of Section 47(6) of the PDP Constitution (as amended)
2. The SWC mandated the State Chairman, Dr. Tony Aziegbemi, to write a letter to the National Chairman of the party, conveying the rejection of the nominee by the Edo State PDP.
3. The SWC applauded the Governor of Edo State, His Excellency, Godwin Obaseki for approving the payments of 29 years backlogs for the state pensioners.
It mandated the State Chairman to write a letter of commendation to the Governor on behalf of the party.
4. The SWC once again noted with concern the absence of the 7 absentee members. It warned that it will be forced to sanction the erring members in line with section 58(1)(e) of the PDP constitution (as amended) if they fail to retrace their steps
5. The meeting was adjourned to Tuesday October 17, 2023 at the PDP Secretariat, 59 Airport Road Benin
EDO STATE PDP STATE WORKING COMMITTEE
October 13, 2023